Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Small Works - With the required items


We were given 5 materials at random from a table by pulling names out of a hat. My materials were tissue paper, string, glue stick, Elmer glue, and a water jug. We were suppose to make another variation of the variations we just did. Since my other pieces focused on the cow legs and udders, I decided to go more into the udders. So I got the tissue paper and string and wrapped it around and formed out some udders. The paper is a very bright pink, which makes me think of inflamed udders, also the string around it I feel gives it some anxiety to look at, also reminds me of the fishnets from the other small works. 

This was the beginning of the water jug, first I cut it in half with a chainsaw (horrible idea, couldn't find jigsaw) then used the handle and top mouth part as the nipples, and put them on the top half of the jug. I then got the bottom of the jug and put it on top and made it into a lamp shade, again focusing on how cows are treated as products, especially their udders. It used tons of glue, tissue paper, string, and energy! 

The start of the  making of the lamp shade on the left, trying to work with the tissue paper to make it look more like a lamp shade. (Also featuring my cat Ringo.)


All Small Works together for critique on Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment