Sunday, November 27, 2016

Component C/C- Container and Context - Package Proposal

 This was my original sketch of how I wanted my box/container/package to look. sorta like a barn. I originally wanted it made of wood but then later decided metal would be better, I'll write more about that below.


 Sorry for all the really bad doodles but that's how I work usually I start building pretty quickly. These are different ways i thought of putting everything in my box.




This was my final decision on how I'm going to set it up. 







 This is my check list of some of the stuff I need to get. 





Ralph's suggestions.



I originally planned to make a wooden dome shaped box that opens but my topic is about the milk industry and animal rights so when talking to Ralph about my ideas he suggested using lunchboxes the old school metal ones. Metal because they are cold and wood is more warming and homey and that is definitely not a factory farm. I think the lunch boxes work on two levels they kinda are shaped like a barn but at the same time its like a lunch and I'm sure a lot of peoples lunches consist of dairy or meat products. I found the perfect ones to use for my art pieces. 



Final Product:


The boxes latch shut which I think works good because it can symbolize how cows are locked up. (the bag next to the lunchboxes s a bunch of little cows I will be using)




No comments:

Post a Comment