Sunday, November 6, 2016

In Depth: Invisible Cities - Eusapia

My city was  Eusapia  to make the leap from life to death less abrupt, the inhabitants have constructed an identical copy of their city, underground. All corpses, dried in such a way that the skeleton remains sheathed in yellow skin, are carried down there, to continue their former activities. 

the line that attracted me to this city was "a girl with a laughing skull milks the carcass of a heifer."

 The job of accompanying the dead down below and arranging them in the desired place is assigned to a confraternity of hooded brothers. No one else has access to the Eusapia of the dead and everything known about it has been learned from them.






 Since this piece is about the size of me and weighs about 100 pounds it was very hard to travel with especially just getting it to train i had to lay it in my car so couldnt have alot of stuff on one of the sides. Since in my city all the people were very obsessed with their daily jobs I had said everyone was at work and so I made an empty street showing that everyone was at work. And also put 3 people going to work but are  a little late. My story also talks about the hooded brothers so I had one of the hooded brothers driving a hearse which he transports the dead to the underground city and makes them to look like they are still working. 

On this side of the city the "living" dead are all propped up doing what they were previously doing before they died. I used leggos because in the story it talks about how something is different they go down like the dead was rearranging stuff and Legos are very easy to change and move. I didn't like how it turned out. So I am going to continue working on my city to make it look better. Also you will notice that the hooded brothers are scattered throughout the city keeping an eye out. One is meeting with the hearse to transport the dead to the city!




Traveling with this huge thing! What a mission and a WORKOUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment