Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Landscape Questions

  • Buckminster Fuller--When was he working?
  • Buckminster Fuller was working between 1974-1983.

  • Parco del Mostri--Where, when, what's your favorite image?
  • Parco del Mostri is located in Bomarzo, which is in northern Lazio, Italy. All of the gardens here were made in the 16th century. This is my favorite image I saw because I love animals and I love sculpture so its a perfect combination of them both.




  • Roman Forum--What function did it have? Where, when, what's your favorite image?
    The Roman Forum's function was to provide Rome with Public life they hosted many events and speeches there. It is located in the center of Rome between Palatine and Capitoline Hills. This was my favorite image because it really shows all of its beauty.



  • Boboli Garden--Where, when, what's your favorite image?

  • The Boboli Gardens is a park that is located in FlorenceItaly
    , the sculptures there date back from the 16th-18th centuries. This is my favorite image because I can imagine getting lost in this maze. I've always loved mazes.

  • Jardin du Luxembourg--Where, when, what's your favorite image?
  • Located in the 6th arrondissement of Paris is the Jardin du Luxembourg. It was created beginning in 1612 by Marie de' Medici. This is my favorite image because I find this place to be really relaxing and calming.


  • Tivoli Garden (Italy)--Where, when, what's your favorite image?
    The Villa d'Este was made in the 16th century, in Tivoli, which is near Rome.  This is my favorite image because it shows the beautiful fountains it is famous for. 




  • Bernini's Four Rivers--Where, when, what's your favorite image?
    The 
    Fountain of the Four Rivers is located in the Piazza Navona which is in Rome, Italy. It was designed in 1651 by Gian Lorenzo Bernini. This is my favorite image because even though it is the back of the piece the sculptures still have so much ddetail its amazingly beautiful. 




  • Jean Dubuffet's Jardin d'Emaille--Where, when, what's your favorite image? The artist Jean Dubuffet created this garden in 1974. He basically made an artificial garden in a garden of real trees and real nature. I really like this picture because I like how the artist made something very artificial but surround it by nature. 






  • Stowe Garden--Where, when, what's your favorite image? Stowe Garden was made in 1683, in Stowe, Buckinghamshire, England.  This is my favorite image because I think the bridge is beautiful and I just want to walk across it! 








  • Stourhead Garden--Where, when, what's your favorite image? Stourhead Garden is located in Mere, Wiltshire, England, it opened in 1725.  I really like this image because the water looks very calm and beautiful and you can tell how long ago it was made but it still looks amazing.




  • Viscaya Museum--Why is this in Miami?  What is it named after? Who is responsible for it being built?  Where, when, what's your favorite image?

  • Vizcaya Museum, is probably in Miami because of James Deering the owner. He used vizcaya as his winter home. It was made during 1914-1923. He named it Vizcaya because in English it means Biscay and it is located along the west Atlantic Biscayne Bay, in Miami, Florida. I really like this image because this is the only way I've ever seen Vizcaya is on a boat from the ocean!










  • Fairchild Tropical Garden--Why is this in Miami?  Who is it named after?  Where, when, what's your favorite image
  • Fairchild is in Miami because we have the most palms and cycads. Although the garden was established by Robert Montgomery it was named after his best friend David Fairchild, because he was a great plant explorer. It is located in Miami, Florida right next to Matheson Hammock ParkFairchild opened to the public in 1938.  I really love this picture because I think this is a very beautiful sculpture I also find it funny that its a fake flower in a huge garden full of real ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment