Saturday, October 1, 2016

Small works process

These were the beginning steps of my small works, my circle and square I decided to start of drawing my symbols and reducing and transforming them to make them look more visually appealing.

After I did this I then outlined it in black and scanned it. I then had to cut the image in half and printed the two halves on transfer paper since printer paper is only 8.5x11 I scaled up both halves so they could stay the 10 inches they were required to be. I then ironed it on to the fabric and framed them.



For the triangle I decided to take  different approach since I love working with clay thats what I did. One of my symbols was a cow skull with roses so I blew it up and made it in the triangle. I started off in clay then made a mold and then casted it in plaster. I was really scared it wouldn't work because my original piece had a lot of high points and some undercuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment